Car Accident Lawyer
Los Angeles, CA and Phoenix, AZAuto Accident Lawyers Ready to Help
Driving in and around Los Angeles or Phoenix can be downright dangerous. Auto accidents are one of the leading causes of death and debilitating injuries, according to the California and Arizona Department of Public Health.
If you or a loved one suffered a serious injury in a car accident in Los Angeles, San Jose, Oakland, Napa, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Glendale, Chandler, Tempe, Meza or anywhere else in California and Arizona, you should contact an experienced Los Angeles and Phoenix auto accident attorney for a free, confidential case review.
When you are involved in a serious car wreck, your mind is inundated with questions and you may become extremely anxious about the future, especially if the accident resulted in you suffering significant bodily injuries that could prevent you from working and/or may require extensive physical therapy and rehabilitation. RS Law Offices stand ready to help.
Common Causes of Serious Auto Accidents in California and Arizona
Many car accidents, whether they occurred in Los Angeles or Phoenix, are the result of preventable driver error and negligence. These causes include:
- Distracted driving (e.g., texting while driving)
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Driver fatigue
- Disobeying traffic signals
- Reckless driving
- Improper turning
- Vehicle defects
What You Should Do After an Auto Accident
If you are hit by another motorist, there are certain steps you should take to protect your legal rights and enhance the viability of a personal injury claim. After an accident, make sure to seek medical attention, even if you think the injuries are “not serious.” It is also a good idea to obtain as much information as possible from the other motorist, including:
- The full name, home address, phone number, and driver’s license information, of the other motorist;
- The insurance company information for the other motorist; and
- The license plate number of the other vehicle;
In addition to securing information from the other driver, make sure to take pictures of your vehicle, the other vehicle, and any visible injuries you suffered with your cell phone. If there were any witnesses who saw the collision (e.g., a passenger in your vehicle or the other driver’s vehicle), then you should make sure to get their contact information as well.
You also need to make sure the police arrive at the scene of the collision and a report is filed. This is important because a police report will provide a vital piece of evidence for assessing liability and describing how the car accident occurred.
Overview of the Personal Injury Claim Process
One of the most common questions asked by prospective personal injury clients is, “how does the claim process actually work?” The information below is intended to give you an idea of what to expect when a personal injury claim is filed with the other driver’s insurance company. However, please understand that every case is unique so the process can fluctuate depending on various factors including: (i) the extent of your injuries, (ii) the amount of available insurance coverage, (iii) whether liability is contested, etc. Nevertheless, as a general guideline, this is how the personal injury claim process generally works:
- You meet with an experienced personal injury attorney with RS Law Offices for a free, confidential consultation.
- When you decide to hire our firm, we get to work right away and send out letters of representation to the other driver’s insurance company and your insurance company.
- You seek treatment for your bodily injuries. Your treatment can be with a physical therapist, chiropractor, or other medical specialist.
- Once treatment is complete, your Los Angeles and Phoenix car accident lawyer will compiled your medical records, lost wages, and other relevant information related to your harms and losses.
- Your California and Arizona auto accident attorney will then send these documents, along with a demand letter, to the other driver’s insurance company seeking financial restitution for your harms and losses.
- The negotiation process will commence and it is quite common for the insurance company to make offers and for your lawyer to make counter-offers. You can take comfort in knowing that our personal injury law firm is advocating for your best interests and will not pressure you to accept a settlement offer. The ultimate authority to approve or deny a settlement is vested in you.
- If a settlement offer is made that you decide is acceptable, we will proceed with a settlement. If you don’t like what’s being offered, we will take your case to trial and advocate on your behalf in court.
Take Action Now – Contact an Experienced Los Angeles/Phoenix Auto Accident Injury Lawyer to Discuss Your Legal Options
Car accident insurance adjusters know when they are dealing with a claimant who lacks representation versus a claimant who has the benefit of an experienced and skilled personal injury attorney. When you hire RS Law Offices, you can take comfort in knowing that a team of highly experienced professionals will be providing all of your legal needs from “A” to “Z”. You should focus your time and energy on recovering from the accident. Our law firm will take the burden of negotiating with the insurance adjuster and filing paperwork off your shoulders so you can focus on getting back to 100 percent. Contact our office today for a free, confidential consultation. We have offices in Los Angeles, San Jose and Phoenix, AZ but are fully able to help clients in San Francisco, Oakland, Napa, Scottsdale, Glendale, Chandler, Tempe, Meza and elsewhere in California and Arizona.